This is a review of the Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil (MCT Oil) developed by Dave Asprey as he did extensive study on how to lose stubborn weight he couldn’t seem to lose using traditional methods. He hacked the internet and e-commerce in the 90s and was an entrepreneur in Silicon Valley. He decided to hack his own biology to find out how everything works and what causes different reactions in the body, primarily, what causes us to gain weight but more importantly to him, how to lose weight.
Featured in: The Top 10 Brain Supplements
In the process, he found out that the tools to help the body regulate weight also helped his brain. He increased his IQ by 20 points! The body and the brain need fats for fuel. His diet is based on cutting down on carbs and increasing fat intake, which helps to curb appetite but also fuels our bodies and brains.
He founded the Bulletproof 360 organization and now offers what he considers the best fat and brain products out there.
One of those products is Brain Octane Oil. I have personally started using this so can tell you my results so far.
- Coconut Oil extract. Stated it’s extracted from the best part of the coconut using only water, heat and pressure extraction.
- Medium-chain triglycerides (short and medium-chain fats have the best anti-inflammatory properties)
- Raises fat-burning and works with Omega-3s
- Crosses the blood-brain barrier to give nearly instant energy to the brain. This is brain food.
- Best with a low carb, lower (but high quality) protein and high-fat diet. Protein is simply hard to digest and too many carbs turn into fat before we even get around to burning fat. By reducing or eliminating carbs, we can then burn fat (according to Dave’s research)
- Great for Keto or Paleo diets
- Comes in a thick bottle to prevent oxidation
I have been using this product in my coffee for about a couple of months now. I do notice I don’t have the 5 o’clock drowsiness that I had before. My brain feels ‘satisfied’. It’s hard to describe but that’s what it feels like. I’ve lost about 7 pounds while increasing my fat intake!
It’s absolutely tasteless. There is no coconut-y flavor at all. It comes in a thick bottle to prevent oxidation.
Related Article: DHA for the Brain
I am reducing gluten and wheat in my diet and when I do have something with gluten, I do notice the brain fog. Since I’m reducing my carbohydrate intake, this Brain Octane Oil gives me the energy I need and I am finding I’m not hungry as often.
Because we’ve heard about high protein diets for years and we tend to eat a lot of carbohydrates in our diets, it’s pretty hard to fathom a high-fat diet is actually healthy. But it isn’t that fat is bad, it’s necessary. It does matter what kind of fat you eat. He states that the research was flawed that determined fat causes coronary heart disease. It was from the 50s and the research Ancel Keys did was faulty, according to Asprey (2017). All these years we’ve been wrong. But we can turn it around. (See the article: Does Gluten Cause Inflammation?)
This is a very pure product with a lot of care put into the research, sourcing, and production.
Here is a link to Dave’s books!
I highly recommend Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil and give it a 9.9/10 rating for quality, health, and brain-boosting. I hope you found this review helpful.
Please leave your experience with this product or comments and questions below! I’ll be sure to respond ASAP.
Want to create your own blog website? Click Here